Running an electric swimming pool pump, particularly during the day, is one of the largest energy costs to your household. Depending on the size of your pool, to run a standard 1.5HP 240 volt AC pump can cost anywhere from $600 to $2000 in electricity every year and can be one of the highest domestic contributors to greenhouse gas emissions.
New solar pool pumps that run on DC electricity without the need for an inverter are now available. They typically require two to four solar panels and use brushless technology making them maintenance free. Rust issues have also been addressed so they have high life expectancy. They pay for themselves in around three to six years then you are pumping your pool free forever!
We have researched the market and are currently supplying two pumps. The German Lorentz pumps which was one of the first on the market in Australia and the Sunsmart 500 which is the Australian competitor product. The Sunsmart pump is very good value for money.
• Pool water circulates through filter system and thermal collectors
• Flow rate is 14m3/h. Max flow rate 17m3/h on the Sunsmart
• Pump speed adjustable to reduce flow rate to approx. 30 %
• Surface mounted with no submerged electronic parts
• Brushless, maintenance-free DC motor with no electronics
• Maximum efficiency 92 % (motor + controller)
• Protection against reverse polarity, overload and high temperature
• Integrated Maximum Power Point Tracking (MPPT)
Free, no obligation quotes.
Newcastle Solar Pool Heating Systems use of top quality products.
Over 20 Years experience in the pool solar heating industry.
Fully qualified and licensed installer.
Elermore Vale NSW 2287
Email - firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone - 02 4951 1222
Mobile - 0427 250 922
Toll Free - 1800 666 911